Friday, February 13, 2015

Planning Dinner

"What's for dinner mommy?" says ten year old.  "Hmmm, I don't know," I reply.  "What?"  "Do you want us to starve?" she says.  That was our conversation on one weeknight this week.  It seems when 6:00 pm rolls around and I don't have something on the stove, my family will starve.  Of course I would never want my family to go hungry.

When I wake up in the morning, it's one of the first things I think about.  My mother always says, "If you don't put something in the crock-pot then you better start cooking at 4:00."   "Really," I tell her, do you know how short that makes my day?"  In an effort to be a good wife and mother, I constantly look for answers on this very subject.  I tried planning on Sunday, preparing some recipes and then freezing.  But the problem is, I can't keep it up week after week. 

I took out one of my favorite cook books, The Cancer Fighting cook book, by Rebecca Katz iwth Mat Edelson.  I bought this book after my father was diagnosed with cancer and quickly enjoyed many of the recipes I tried.  In the video below, I'm taking some short cuts that in my opinion, don't sacrifice taste, but make it easier on a busy person like myself.


Note: "When Good Enough is Perfect" NEVER comes into play for my professional or school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment